About advertising objectives
Your advertising objective is what you want people to do when they see your ads. For example, if you want to show your website to people interested in your business, you can create ads that encourage people to visit your website. When you create an ad, you first choose your objective. The objective you choose aligns with your overall business goals.
Objectives that generate interest in your product or service.
- Brand awareness: Reach people more likely to recall your ads and increase awareness for your brand.
- Reach: Show your ad to the maximum number of people in your audience.
Objectives that get people to start thinking about your business and look for more information about it.
- Traffic: Increase the number of visits to your website or get more people to use your app. With traffic as your objective, you can send people to your website or Increase engagement in your app.
- App installs: Send people to an app store where they can download your app.
- Engagement: Get more people to see and engage with your post or Page. With engagement as your objective, you can:
- Video views: Promote videos that show behind-the-scenes footage, product launches or customer stories to raise awareness about your brand.
- Lead generation: Collect lead information, such as email addresses, from people interested in your business.
- Messages: Get more people to have conversations with your business to generate leads, drive transactions, answer questions or offer support.
Objectives that encourage people interested in your business to purchase or use your product or service.
- Conversions: Get more people to use your website, Facebook app, or mobile app. To track and measure conversions, use the Facebook pixel or app events.
- Catalog Sales: Show products from your catalog based on your target audience.
- Store visits: Promote multiple business locations to people who are nearby.